Tuesday, March 1, 2011

29 Weeks Pregnant




This week, Norah might weigh nearly three pounds! Her brain is now capable of controlling her breathing and body temperature, and her ability to suck has been perfected, though it will continue to get stronger.

She seems to be staying mostly head down these days. I keep feeling her kicking up high. Good girl, Norah! Also, it could just be a coincidence, but she seems to move around a lot while I’m teaching lessons. Hopefully that means she likes it!

Not much is new with us this week. I mentioned last week that my lower back was hurting sometimes. Well, now it’s my entire back, thanks to our evil stairs. I don’t know what it is about our stairs, but I’ve slipped on them at least a handful of times since I’ve lived here. I’ve been extra careful since I’ve been pregnant, but the other day I was walking down and my feet went out from under me. I landed on my tailbone and then slid down two stairs. To make matters worse, I was carrying a nearly empty mug containing some (luckily) cold coffee. It went EVERYWHERE. It was in my hair, on my face, on my clothes, all over the stairs, and on one of the laundry closet doors. I was lucky Travis was home to take care of me, because I could not have cleaned up all that mess on my own with my back and tailbone hurting like that. It still hurts. The midwife recommended a chiropractor who only charges $25 per visit, and I’m considering making an appointment. Anyway, at least I didn’t land on Norah!

I don’t get to tell you about our Bradley class this time because it was cancelled. L Mary said that four (out of a total of six) couples weren’t coming due to sickness, and we also had tornado warnings all over the area! The rain was insane. The news said it rained at a rate of 6 inches per hour, luckily for only 15 or 20 minutes in any one place. It looked like someone dumped a whole lake right on our neighborhood all at once. Here are some pictures of the aftermath at our house:


I don’t have a “Making Room for Norah” section this time. I haven’t gotten anything done this week. L I did get to order one diaper, though (Nicki’s Diapers has free shipping, so it doesn’t matter if I just order one here and there), plus I sent back one of the cloth diapers that were given to us in exchange for a different color, so I’m looking forward to getting those!! I’m still waiting for gogreenpocketdiapers.com to restock theirs so I can place an order there. Oh! Also, when I got the confirmation that my Nicki’s Diapers order had been shipped, the email also listed two sister sites, one of which was www.clothdiaperclearance.com. They have some of the diapers we want on there for three dollars cheaper, and each insert is a dollar off too!!!! Some of the inserts are “dirty from transit” or slightly imperfect (who cares?), and the diapers are their “old style,” meaning they just don’t have elastic in the front, which I wouldn’t think would make a huge difference. Yay for deals!

That’s about it for this week! Sorry it’s not more exciting! Have a good week!

2 comments: